Free Software Projects
I’ve been a committer in a number of popular projects, such as PHP, TurboGears and Repoze. Today, I co-maintain Python packages with my colleagues on GitHub, as well as my own projects (e.g., PyRecord).
My Open Hub profile has a more comprehensive list of my contributions to Free Software projects.
- The Software Practitioner’s Digest.
- Narea, Gustavo. “Web Site Security With repoze.who and repoze.what”. Python Magazine. May 2009.
These are the materials of some of the talks I’ve given:
- WSGI from Start to Finish: How to use the power of WSGI to solve problems your framework cannot solve. EuroPython 2010, Birmingham, UK. July 2010. (Additional files: WSGI cheatsheet and all materials).
- Development and Deployment with WSGI in Django. Django Users Group in London. London, UK. February 2010.
- The Next 10 Million Users Won’t Wear a Beard by Olivier Cleynen and Gustavo Narea. RMLL ’08. Mont-de-Marsan, France. July 2008.
- La importancia de los usuarios no informáticos en el triunfo del software libre (The Role of Non-Technical Users in the Triumph of Free Software). 10th International Congress of the Spanish Association of Linux Users. Cáceres, Spain. December 2007.